Sunday, September 11, 2005

I Just Don't Get It

For decades two of the Republican's main themes have been the incompetence of the Federal bureaucracy and that power should rightfully* be shifted to the states where problems could be handled more efficiently and as they see fit, without any "pointy-headed" meddling from Washington.

Yet, on this morning's political talk shows the blame is totally on the incompetence of the state and local government, specifically the Democratic governor of Louisiana and Democratic mayor of New Orleans, and that the Bush administration was absolutely ready to snap into action - but no one asked them to. At least this is the version being put out by friends of the Republican party.

Also, on September 11, 2005, I did not hear the name Osama bin Laden mentioned even once on any commentary show.

I'd write more but I'm listening to "For Heaven's Sake" by Wes Montgomery. I never thought I liked Wes Montgomery or any hollow body electric guitarist but this is a very soothing piece of music.


* yes, that's a pun

2 comments:

Scott Roeben said...

Your blog is coming along nicely. We enjoy hearing your thoughts. I think you should quit your job so you have more time to make entries.

-K- said...

Thanks, Scott. I couldn't have done it without you.