Thursday, May 31, 2007

Double Shaft (East L.A.)

Last week, near the L.A. River, I came across a bridge that was being repaired. It appeared that one of the bridge's stanchions had been reinforced around the time that "Shaft" was in the movie theaters. Now, the reinforcements were being replaced and the many movie posters were again seeing the light of day. I've linked the entire wall of posters on my flickr site.

==>Friday Morning - Somehow, a worldwide photoblog has found The Jimson Weed Gazette and has linked it as one of its LA representative. Nice.

Magazines for the weekend: New York (I bought it for the Jim Cramer interview (with himself) but the whole thing looks interesting); The New York Observer (after having finished The New Yorker last night) and Shambhala Sun for its articles on meditation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have found your blog both interesting to read and visually stimulating. The revealed poster(s) are nice.

-------

Today, I published a nest photograph and some details about its construction; and a link to some dead birds with an explanation. Oh; and thanks for coming to my blog and leaving comments. I do appreciate it.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo
My Photography