Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Just Another Whistle Stop

When Tower Records put up their bombastically large Jumbo-Tron over their Sunset Strip store, I made a solemn vow to never buy another record from them. Earlier this evening, however, I had the urge to hear "Stage Fright" by The Band. Do you see where I'm going with this? Yes, I could have downloaded it for maybe a dollar or two less but then I would have not run into my dentist, the estimable Dr. Shiri, nor taken these pictures, nor gone to Book Soup to buy yet another book on L.A. history (Fun Hollywood Fact of the Day: The house used in "Double Idemnity" is still standing. 6301 Quebec Dr. in Los Angeles., not, per the movie, Glendale.) In the end, however, I'd still be here listening to "Daniel and The Sacred Harp" and thinking about listening to it for the first time while I was living and working on a boat going up and down the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers.

Am I the only one who can't wait until the Special Prosecutor releases his indictments? Is a Cheney-Rove-Libby trifecta too much to hope for?

No comments: