Monday, March 12, 2007

Laundry On Third


This week: I received a totally uncharming letter from my landlord. I had forgotten (first time ever) to send in my rent check. Eviction beckoned...This week I lost my housekeys/car keys. This week I lost my address book. This week I took the above photo and posted it just ninety minutes later. It reminds me of Billy Wilder's Seven Year Itch and everything else about the Fifties that I like. This week I donated money online and misread the word verification dialogue box and somehow donated the money twice. This week Napster quit working on me and their tech support is shut down by the time I get home from work. This week I planted three tomato plants & started listening to Amy Winehouse. Can you blame me? This week I bought a large amount of bee pollen and am taking it everyday. This week I am using Google Docs & Spreadsheets, using it right now as a matter of fact. This week I started listening to The Fall after a twenty year sabbatical. Mark E Smith = Artuad.

Quote of the Week: Apparently there is a great discovery or insight which our culture is deliberately designed to supress, distort and ignore. That is that Nature is some kind of minded entity. That Nature is not simply the random flight of atoms through electromagnetic fields. Nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics. But it is instead a kind of intelligence, a kind of mind.
- Terrence McKenna

Trader Joes Product of the Week: Chicken Salad with cranberries and pecans

6 comments:

AArtVark said...

I could swear I left a comment here.

Scott Roeben said...

Heh-heh. You took a picture of STOOL. Get it? Sigh.

Unknown said...

Ummm... quite a memorable week ;-)

Anonymous said...

we lose some things and gain others

there's a lot about the classical look of our cities we've lost but photography like yours helps us retain them

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nina said...

When I look at your photos I feel like I've slipped into some other dimension in which everything is quiet and all that is overlooked becomes very visible and clear. It's nice.

I enjoyed the post. The "Trader Joe's Product of the Week" totally grounded me from spinning off into too much thinking. Good for a laugh, too.
Checked out Amy Winehouse and I really dig her. Thanks for the link!